Meetings & Chats Recorder
· record video and audio of any meeting, chat, or conversation (VoIP) programs (learn more)
· advanced Smart Microphone feature turns on and off the microphone, lowers or mutes the speaker audio volume when microphone is used (learn more)
· Smart Microphone always enables your microphone even if it is disabled in Windows
· automatically detect and track the position and size of Zoom or Google Meeting windows
· simplified microphone setup using Windows (learn more)
· high quality video recorder (1080p) can be used to record anything from your screen
· record MPEG, WMV, MP4, extract audio recording in MP3 file (learn more)
· video/audio converter included
Meetings & Chats is a screen capture software designed to record Zoom and Google Meeting or any other video/audio played by your computer. When recording video Meetings & Chats tracks the position and size of the Zoom or Google Meeting windows on the screen.
Compatible with Windows 7, 8 , 8.1, 10, Vista. Windows XP not supported.
Importanat: The remote audio stream picked up from the speakers may be re-recorded through the microphone audio feedback when recording. This leads to echo and distorsion. To minimize echo try to lower both microphone and spekers volume as much as possible or use echo canceling settings available in Windows 10, some Windows 7 versions and some sound cards. Meetings & Chats will guide you to setup these features if available.
Meetings & Chats main screen clones the screen area marked for recording so you can always see what is actually recorded.
Installing and first time running
Meetings & Chats should be installed on the administrator account however all clients will automatically get shortcuts if the option “Make shortcuts available to all users” is checked during the installation. Every user has his own recording folder and settings. The administrator installation does not need to run in order for the clients to run their versions. Only the administrator can uninstall the program.
When running the program for the first time you need to specify your microphone as shown below. Meetings & Chats provides detailed instructions for setting up the microphone. Follow the instructions and make sure the specified microphone is setup as the Default audio recording source.
Selecting the ‘Noise suppression’ and ‘Echo cancellation’ features under the microphone Enhancements improves the quality of audio listening and recording.
Once the microphone is setup and selected you can begin recording.
1) Open Meetings & Chats recorder
1. If either a Zoom or a Google Meeting window is open Meetings & Chats recorder will automatically start tracking the window position and size on your screen. You can start recording right away.
2. If both Zoom and Google Meeting windows are open you can choose each one you like to track and record in SETTINGS/Caption menu.
3. If neither Zoom or Google Meeting windows are not open Meetings & Chats recorder can be used as a general, high quality screen capture app. Click the MARK button to mark the area of the screen to record. A semi-transparent window is used for marking (see Note below about this).
4. When using Meetings & Chats recorder as a screen capture program the message “Screen capture mode” is shown. If you open a Zoom or Google Meeting window and you need to track this window open Setting, Capture and click Enable tracking or select one of these windows.
2) Click RECORD to start recording. The RECORD button turns to STOP and the PLAY button turns to PAUSE.
a. Alternately, you can use the hotkeys to start/stop, pause or control the Smart Microphone recording.
b. During recording, the selected widows position and size cannot be tracked.
3) To playback the last recording click PLAY.
SETTINGS - open the Settings dialog window.
RECORD - click the RECORD button to start recording. When recording begins, the RECORD button turns to STOP and PLAY turns to PAUSE. Click STOP to stop recording. Click PAUSE to pause recording.
Recording, Pause, Smart Microphone can also be
PLAY - click this button to play the last recorded video. In order to access the storage folder click SETTINGS then click Recordings.
MARK - use this function to manually mark the area of the screen to be recorded. A transparent window rectangle is displayed which can be resized or moved (grab the top of the transparent window) to fit the screen area. When recording the Zoom or Google Meetings windows manual marking is not necessary as Meetings & Chats automatically tracks these windows on the screen.
Note: When using the MARK button, the selected screen area (screen region or full screen) is not memorized. If you need this open SETTINGS/Capture menu and check the Marked Region or Full screen option. In this case, tracking of Zoom and Google Meeting is disabled. Click Tracking to enable the windows tracking.
Click SETTINGS to open the Settings dialog window.
Record video - enable/disable video recording
Record audio - enable/disable all audio recording (both local and remote audio streams). Use the Smart Microphone you need to enable/disable only the local or only the remote audio streams.
Video settings/Audio settings buttons: open the video/audio settings dialog windows
Select hotkey for start/stop recording: Meetings & Chats main screen has a small print and is designed to clone the main video and show what is being recorded. In most cases it should be left visible on the screen. However you can use a hotkey to stop/start recording if the program user interface overlaps the recording area.
User interface scaling: use this to make the Meetings & Chats main screen larger or smaller.
Video capture modes
Click SETTINGS then click Capture in the Settings window to open the Capture modes menu.
If both Zoom and Google Meeting are open, you can select the one to use here. Note that both Zoom and Google Meeting windows may be invisible while still being active.
The following recording modes are also available:
Marked region - when this mode is selected only the marked portion of the screen is recorded and the Google Meeting windows are not tracked. To mark a screen region click the MARK button.
Full screen - the
entire screen is recorded.
Video bitrate: the higher this number (kbps) the better video quality but larger recorded files
Frame rate: in order to lower CPU loading and file size use smaller numbers (15 or 10 fps)
Recording time – use standard clock format hh:mm:ss. Leave blank for unlimited recording time.
Use Background recording – (discontinued) use this mode if you need to open other windows while recording. When Background mode is enabled a (1) is shown on Meetings & Chats status bar next to the main window name. Google Meeting window is recorded even if covered by other windows.
Use Windows basic - this mode lowers the CPU loading considerably (Windows 7 only)
MPEG/WMV - the default recoding mode is MPEG-2. WMV (Windows Media) format produces smaller files but it can only be used for smaller windows (640x480).
Click the button on Meetings & Chats panel to open Windows Sound/Recording settings. Here you can do a complete microphone (or other audio source setup) as shown below.
the Windows Sound 'Recording' dialog click your microphone then click 'Set
3. Click 'Enhancements', check 'Noise suppression', 'Microphone Focus', 'Echo cancelation'.
Record remote audio (speakers) – enable/disable recording of the speaker sound i.e. the incoming audio from the remote source
Record local audio (microphone) – enable/disable recording of the microphone i.e. the outgoing audio from the local microphone
Audio recording sources – these are the recording audio sources available in your system (computer). To open Windows Sound/Recording click Windows Sound on Audio Setup top menu.
(If you want to use Windows, from Windows 10 desktop right click the speaker icon on the taskbar, click Open sound settings, then find and click Sound Control panel, then click Recordings. Follow the steps above)
Note: If some of the audio sources are disabled (or disconnected) the will not appear on the above list. In the Sound/Recording dialog right click the item then click Enable.
The Smart Microphone is an
advanced feature of Meetings
& Chats. It improves the quality of
audio recording when the computer microphone and speakers are used together.
Here are the main features and uses of the Smart Microphone when recording:
· the button on the main screen can be used to turn ON or OFF the microphone. This may be necessary if you want to record the remote sound only with zero feedback or noise
· lower or mute the speaker volume when the Smart Microphone in ON, basically when you speak. This prevents the remote audio to cover your voice.
· lower the recorded speaker volume when the Smart Microphone in ON
Click SETTINGS then click Options in the Settings window to open the Options menu.
Enable tracking – use
this option to enable tracking of Zoom and Google Meeting windows when Marked
region or Full screen are selected.
Reset markers - Reset the marking window to the default position on the main display. This may be necessary when a second monitor is turned off but still connected.
Restore defaults - Restore setting to their original values when
Meetings & Chats was installed.
When using two monitors you need to specify the monitor where the Zoom or Google Meeting window resides. This is necessary if you are using the ‘Marked region’ or ‘Full screen’ modes.
Monitor 1, Monitor 2: Select the monitor where the video to be recorded resides. Monitor 1 is always the main display regardless the monitor numbers shown by Windows.
When one of the auto tracking modes is used it is not necessary to select monitors. Meetings & Chats will track the Zoom or ‘Main’ or ‘Small’ Google Meeting window on either one of the two monitors. You need to select a monitor when the ‘Marked region’ or ‘Full screen’ modes are used.